A Woman after God’s own heart, now this is an amazing book by Elizabeth George. I really enjoyed reading this book on my way to work and back. It has open my eyes to so many new things I have never thought about. Basically this book is an eye opener if you are a married, engaged, divorced, single or fill in the blank _________ woman. Trust me if you have not read this book, go now and go buy it here at Amazon .
This is what Elizabeth share on her website:
Experience real peace and joy as you follow God in every area of your life–and become a woman after His heart. With warmth and grace, Elizabeth George shares practical, scriptural insights on how you can pursue God’s priorities when it comes to…
- your husband–foster a deep commitment to serving and honoring him
- your children–pray faithfully for them and teach them God’s Word
- your home–create a nurturing atmosphere and a tapestry of beauty
- your walk with the Lord–grow through love of Scripture and in spiritual maturity
- your ministry–learn to reach out and be a blessing to others
I can greatly say so far I have been fostering ways to service and honor God and my husband. This has been a tad bit difficult but I am working on this, the book helped me find ways around the obstacles I struggle with. For example I am trying to only respond to his requests in a positive manner. “Yeah Babes” is my aim in a wonderful tone that does not sound sarcastic.
This book is a great resource for motivation and if you are new to biblical homemaking or want to brush up on that. The book is divided into four sections:
- The pursuit of God
- The pursuit of God’s priorities
- The practice of God’s priorities and,
- In praise of God’s priorities.
Not only does this book help your home management skills but also helped me to build my relationship up with God, I gained great knowledge from this book. I also wrote about this blog in previous blog posts, go take a look at my Five Fat Files if you want to know more about organizing your thoughts and ideas. So I am not going to give you any spoilers, go out and buy this book it can save you.
If you love God, your home and family this book is worth a read!